Friday, January 7, 2011

Ancient Wisdom

Inventions of the Ancient World

This is mostly a continuation of one of my older posts, Building a better Neanderthal.  The point I was trying to make in that post was, ancient man wasn’t as much of an idiot as people often think.  More recently I have stumbled upon a few documentaries about ancient inventions that I somehow managed to miss previously.  I always planned to expand upon that post a bit more, and now with these documentaries, I feel the opportunity has presented itself.




These shows where brought to my attention by I site a frequent.  The videos are so closely related, as well as help elaborate further on the purpose of my previous post, I couldn’t help but add them.  There are two, shows, each an hour long, and segmented into five parts each.  It’s a bit lengthy, but it is worth the watch.  Many of the things featured in them are so profound, it took me by surprise.  To this day, we aren’t even sure how they accomplished some of the feats and inventions shown within.  So, I hope you enjoy.

Ancient Robots











As you can see, even besides the pyramids and other megalithic structures ancient man built, they weren’t limited to just stone carving and placement.  In a sense, after watching the videos above, it becomes quite apparent that life back then wasn’t all that different from life today.  It turns out we are startlingly similar to our ancient ancestors

.
Machines of the Gods











Though most of the inventions where used for religious purposes, they are still brilliantly designed, masterfully crafted and thought out.  When you look at how they where able create these inventions, it’s not as much of a wonder to consider they also made the megalithic structures such as the Pyramids, or Stonehenge.

From the big to the small, they could make it all.  The story of our past slowly comes together into view.

I hope you enjoyed.

I leave you, as always with some lolcats to remind you always laugh, and have fun.


Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment